Advanced Calibration Methods with eWater Source
This one-day course shows you different approaches to calibrating Source rainfall runoff and planning models. This may be of particular interest to those of you creating new models, converting models from other platforms, or wishing to update models.
This course includes:
- use of the automatic calibration features in Source as well as external calibration tools;
- parameter sensitivity;
- model complexity and the concept of equifinality;
- causes of error; and
- choice of optimisation algorithms.
The Calibration Wizard can be used to calibrate rainfall-runoff and link routing models, primarily in unregulated systems. As a course participant, you will learn to calibrate to observed flow; use weightings on gauges and different time periods; manually or automatically calibrate; group parameters across a catchment; and calibrate rainfall-runoff model and/or link flow routing models.
Who should attend
This training is aimed at professionals (e.g. engineering and environmental) in local government, consultancies, waterway agencies and research organisations. It should be of particular interest for consultancies hoping to work for the key state and federal jurisdictions in the process of implementing Source as the National Hydrological Modelling Platform.
- Training materials containing: user manual (online and downloadable), presentation notes and worked examples in the online eWater community
- Meals (morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea)
- Use of required Source software for the duration of the course (public version always free from toolkit.net.au)
- Computer lab with dual monitor for each participant
Locations, dates & registration
To help you get more out of Source for your modelling projects, we also offer customised courses. Please send us an enquiry.